Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DRAKE PASSAGE ASSAULT.


The waves are 4.5 to 7 feet and so they are fairly moderate. We’ve heard some scraping of the ship. Maybe the wind or small growlers are rolling beneath the ship. Or maybe it’s a tyro pilot who doesn’t know the gears. We are pitching back and forth but I don’t know the list of the ship. Visibility is about as far as my car in the Leesburg parking lot to the Starbuck’s front door. When you’re walking, you wonder if your inner ear still works. I’m taking some seasick medicine as a precaution. It’s a patch you place behind your ear. It seems to make me calmer almost to the point of sleepiness. You have to take it before you might be seasick, and then it lasts three days. Watch this space – if I can stay awake to write what happens.


JPF

No comments:

Post a Comment